Overview of What You Will Learn
You are invited to attend an online panel discussion related to pharmacy procurement innovation. Join us as we examine real-life strategies employed by top Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) to transform their pharmacy procurement processes alongside or without Consolidated Service Centers (CSCs).
Discover how these healthcare giants are reshaping the future of healthcare supply chain management.
- Date: October 26th
- Time: 1PM Eastern / 10AM Pacific
- Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
- Platform: Zoom (Link will be provided upon registration)
- Duane Lutz – System Pharmacy Sr Manager for Procurement Automation (Providence St. Joseph Health)
- Michelle Ashby – Manager of Centralized Pharmacy Operations (MedStar Health)
- Kevin Roche – Sr Director, Pharmacy Prep and Dispensing (Banner Health)
- Moderator: Curtis McEntire – VP of SpendMend (SpendMend Trulla)
Attendees of this webinar will gain the following:
- Deep insights into pharmacy procurement strategies
- Real-world success stories from pioneering IDNs
- Understanding the Role of Consolidated Service Centers (CSCs)
- Understand how to innovate without centralizing procurement operations
- Engaging Q&A session with our panelists
- Networking opportunities with industry peers
- An exploration of Trulla’s transformative capabilities
Who should attend:
- Healthcare Procurement Professionals
- Pharmacy Procurement Specialists
- Supply Chain Managers and Directors
- Pharmacy Directors and Managers
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Technicians
Don’t miss this opportunity to gain invaluable insights into pharmacy procurement innovation.
Watch the Webinar
About the Speakers
Curtis McEntire has a strong background in the pharmacy supply chain, data analytics, and software development. He managed the pharmacy supply chain for a large integrated health system (over 20 hospitals and 200 clinics) for over 10 years before transitioning to a pharmacy consulting role with Aesynt and eventually Omnicell. In 2017, he was awarded “Innovator of the Year” by ProcureCon for the development of supply chain software. In 2018, he with a team of pharmacists founded Trulla, a cloud-based pharmacy procurement software built for the pharmacy buyer. Trulla is now part of the SpendMend portfolio of solutions.
G. Duane Lutz, PharmD, is a Sr Manager on the Providence System Pharmacy Team. In his role, Duane oversees the operational implementation and impacts of pharmacy procurement automation systems for acute care pharmacies across Providence St Joseph’s Health System. He also works with pharmacy operations on several other initiatives including, but not limited to pharmaceutical shortages and mitigation efforts. Prior to taking his system role, Duane was a Pharmacy Purchasing Manager for several acute care locations within Providence and was responsible for purchasing compliance, 340B, inventory management, and financial budgeting for these sites. He has more than 20 years of health care experience and has worked as a Clinical Pharmacist at a local hospital in Spokane, WA as well as a Pharmacy Supervisor at a Pharmacy Benefit Manager.
Michelle Ashby, PharmD, is the Manager of Centralized Pharmacy Operations for MedStar Health. In this role, she oversees MedStar Health’s Central Medication Distribution Center and all of the services it provides to 8 DSH, 1 SCH, and 2 non-340B hospitals. Michelle has over 13 years of experience in hospital pharmacy operations and 340B compliance. She is integrally involved in primary NDC management, and medication cost management initiatives and optimization.
Kevin Roche leads the Preparation and Dispensing business line for Banner Pharmacy Services in Phoenix, AZ. In that role, he oversees pharmaceutical procurement and centralized sterile compounding for Banner Health’s hospitals, ambulatory service lines, and central pharmacy warehouse. Additionally, his team supports the development of analytics and customer-facing dashboards for the Pharmacy Services department. Kevin holds a PhD in industrial engineering from Arizona State University and has been with Banner Health for 16 years.