Overview of What You Will Learn
Join us for our upcoming webinar titled “Lessons Learned from 10 Years of Helping Hospitals Track Explanted Medical Device Warranty Credits,” scheduled for Thursday, June 8th at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific time.
This webinar will be led by two distinguished speakers, Al Brander, RN FACHE MBA BSN BSW HCAP, Dennis Beall JD, RPh, and Jason White who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry.
By attending this webinar, you will gain valuable insights into ensuring compliance with CMS standards and enhancing the efficiency of tracking explanted medical device warranty credits within your organization.
During the webinar, Al, Dennis, and Jason will share Lessons Learned from 10 Years of Helping Hospitals Track Explanted Medical Device Warranty Credits including insights on:
- CMS standards: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the CMS guidelines governing the tracking of explanted medical device warranty credits, ensuring your organization remains in compliance.
- The role of the manufacturer sales rep: Explore the importance of involving manufacturer sales representatives in the tracking process and learn how to effectively manage their participation to maintain compliance.
- Best practice suggestions: Discover practical recommendations to optimize the tracking process and maximize warranty credits. This includes returning every explant, conducting mock audits, involving representatives while establishing clear boundaries, and exploring the option of utilizing a third-party vendor.
- Navigating product recalls: Gain insights into effectively managing the challenges associated with product recalls and their impact on warranty credit tracking.
- The real cost of non-compliance: Understand the potential consequences of non-compliance with CMS standards and how it can impact your organization financially and operationally.
Watch the Webinar
About the Speakers
RN FACHE MBA BSN BSW HCAP
Alan has over 30 years of hospital experience in clinical social work, nursing and hospital administration. Alan is a Fellow in the American College of HealthCare Executives and was a HealthCare Accreditation Certified Professional. He was the creator of TrackCore, a tissue and implant compliance tracking solution and TurnOver Tracker, an OR optimization software designed to provide real time monitoring and notification to key personnel involved in the turnover process between surgical cases.
Dennis Beall JD, RPh
Dennis has over 32 years auditing and consulting experience – The last 12 years have been in the healthcare industry. He worked 10 years with Contract Management Strategies, Inc. and developed the Warranty Tracking Program. The past 2.5 years with SpendMend, LLC working exclusively on the Warranty Tracking Program.
Jason has over 15 years of auditing and consulting experience in the healthcare industry. He worked for 13 years with Contract Management Strategies, Inc. and helped implement the Warranty Tracking Program. The past 5 years with SpendMend, LLC working exclusively on the Warranty Tracking Program.
Joe Heminger graduated from Grand Valley State University in 2020 and started at SpendMend as an intern in 2017. Joe has become a subject matter expert on Medical Device Explant Warranty Tracking and is the Business Development Representative for SpendMend’s Medical Device Credit Tracking solution.